Thursday 29 November 2007

Harry Redknapp Pleads Innocence

In a statement to reporters outside Portsmouth nick, Pompey boss Harry Redknapp handcuffed to a railing, denied being linked to corrupt transfer deals.

Mr Redknapp, 60, said:

"Just because I've been arrested and questioned by the police doesn't mean I've been questioned or arrested. Ofcourse the police have to arrest you before they can question you, that's the law! But just because you've been arrested and questioned doesn't mean that you've been questioned or arrested, not in law anyhow. That's just hearsay. I'm not directly involved in any of this and whoever says I am is indirectly calling me a liar. I'm not a liar and I repeat, I am not directly or even indirectly involved in this matter, it's other people who are involved, not me or Jamie or my missus or Louise. None of us, OK? This whole thing doesn't concern me, it's nothing to me with me at all which is why the police had to arrest me and take me to the police station to question me, to prove I'm innocent! That's just procedure. I've been cleared of not having anything to do with all this this once and that's good enough for me. Whatever it is they were saying I didn't do, that is. It wasn't me, it was other people who weren't doing it and that's all I'm prepared to say. Now hopefully we can put all this behind me, all this stuff I didn't do but other people did, and I can get on with ruling myself out of the England job yet again even though no-one's asked me to manage England but even if they did, I'm not interested OK?"

Paul Bullshit, the solicitor representing Mr Redknapp, said:

"The inquiries do not relate to my client, they relate to entirely different individuals. We will ofcourse do everything we can to assist the police in their inquiries as anyone not involved in something would only naturally do in such circumstances. Mr Redknapp is very tired and would like everyone to know that he isn't the slightest bit interested in the England job and this whole farce has only strenghtened his resolve not to take on the one job in football he definatelyy doesn't want."

Sam Allardyce has gone into hiding.

No comments: